Monday, February 21, 2011

Decompressing week 2

First of all, I need to apologize for the lack of posts this last week.  As many of you can understand, I don’t always have time and in my case, there isn’t always anything interesting to say.  Plus I have been experiencing a huge bout of “mom-brain” lately.

Week 2 went well although it could have gone better.  Now that the novelty of the new rules as worn off, our son seems a little less interested and has been pushing back a bit on the new rules.  I did expect this though – he’s not one to just accept changes without giving us a challenge so we were prepared.  This week we will tweak our approach with him slightly.  I’d like to catch him a little off-guard.  He knows how to push my buttons but I’m not going to let it bother me.  I’m going to react with only smiles and a calm tone.

I have learned something about myself this week though – I am not as strong as I had hoped.  I too didn’t follow all the rules and found myself sitting on the couch last night watching tv and playing on the internet instead of folding the pile of laundry staring me in the face.  I had also planned to mop all the floors yesterday and that didn’t happen either.  I blamed it on the fact that we were out all morning and then out again in the evening but even with that, I had time.  I just chose to ignore it.  It just goes to show that falling into old habits is very easy. 

Today is a new day!  I’ve adjusted my schedule this week to make up for it and I am not going to beat myself up about it.  I know change takes time.  I am determined! 

On another note, those of you who know me know that I have started a learn-to-run type program.  I have been out with a friend 4 times over the past week and I’m feeling good about it.  This is in response to one of my goals that I’m hoping to finally achieve.  I will definitely talk about this more later. 

Wishing you all a fantastic Family Day (for those of you who are lucky enough to celebrate).   J

1 comment:

  1. Change and committment is hard for all of us. Whether it be starting a diet, a work out schedule, or developing a new routine, it takes work. We all will have days where we don't do so well, but the right attitude is that you have chosen, today is a new day and start from there. I struggle with this every day as I am driven by my request to have a bikini body! Although I am consistently working out 5-6 times per week I unfortunately always feel it is not enough. You should focus on the postivie changes you made last week, and reward yourself, and then work towards those other goals this week. I too should be happy I worked out 5-6 times each week rather than focussing on the negative, we should try to reward the positive instead of beating ourselves up! Good luck this week :)

    AP

    ReplyDelete